Saturday, April 4, 2009

Row Boats

Well, we almost needed a row boat Thursday. It rained and rained and then rained some more. Our ditch looked more like a creek. Water rushed at a steady stream until it was knocking on our garage door. Last year, Michael and Greg bulldozed a path for the water to drain from our driveway to the ditch. It has worked really well...but with 3 days of rain, it was just too much. Michael, Jacob and Jacob's friend went out and swept the rain off the driveway. Jacob lugged 40 lb. sand bags from the backyard to the front to put in front of the garage door. It worked....

Tomorrow Hannah turns 14 years old. How does that happen? 14 years....gone....in the blink of an eye. She and the other girls in her dance class will be performing at a church in the morning, during their worship service. After that, we'll meet Dee Dee and PaPa at On The Border for Hannah's birthday lunch. I think I'll go charge my camera batteries so I can take some pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

14 years old... WOW!! Jimmy turns 13 this fall and I cant believe it. I keep thinking that in just 5 or 6 years, he'll be off to college.....
SO scary. Wish they could stay little forever.... Well, maybe not forEVER, but at least for a little longer...
Happy Birthday from the Santy's!!!!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

If I could have figured out a way...you and Robin would still be little. You two are whining about 13 and 14 and I am looking at my baby and she is in her 30's. YIKES!
One of the blessings is a memory. I can close my eyes and see Robin just the way she was. Yesterday when Jacob went shopping with us and I had to look UP to talk with him, I just couldn't believe my little thumb sucker grandson was so grown up. He wants me to change the photo on my key chain but that's not happening. I;m glad he didn't ask to see my locket. I'm not telling.

gideonmommasita said...

Did the sandbags keep the water out of the garage? Are Michael and Greg going to bulldoze again. did you find batteries for your camera? Can I tune in this week for the next installment of Make you life a story worth telling?

Sports and Dance...sounds like she's a well rounded young lady. Happy Birthday to you Hannah.

Laura said...

Too bad I didn't read this on Saturday! Then I would have known! She did a great job and I know she will continue to grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!