Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ramblings

Per Emily, I must blog.

I've been busy and so, not much has been going on, other than regular day to day stuff....nothing interesting....at least not to me.

After much searching, I finally found a watch I like and that fits. I spent more than I wanted to, but figured had I stopped looking a month ago I could have saved at least $10 in gas going from store to store.

Speaking of gas, Michael filled up for $2.09 a gallon yesterday and today it is $2.08. I felt like dancing a jig when I saw that price. Mental picture....Me, dancing a jig. What is a jig? I picture high knees, hips moving and fingers snapping. Is that your mental picture, also?

Michael and Jacob went to the FSU v. Clemson game this afternoon. They didn't have tickets, but that never stops them. Michael is a great haggler. The last game they went to he paid $23 for 2 tickets and they had great seats. I expect nothing less this time.

I have a pot of Cincinnati Chili simmering on the stove. I'm surfing my blog list, but really should be cleaning my house. Since I've been working full time, we've all tried to pick up the slack....but my clean is not the same as other's clean, specifically Jacob and Michael. Oh well.

I've been reading The Secret Life of Bees for book club. Hopefully I will have it finished before the meeting on Monday night. I ran across a quote the other day....It fits me to a tee! "If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done."

Have you noticed that PLUM is the color for Fall this year. Look around....shirts, skirts, purses....they are all plum. Do you have anything plum?

3 comments:

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I just love your blogs...Yes, I have PLUM....and see it now EVERYWHERE.
Dancing a Jig....my image is someone small, wearing green and pointy shoes and my jig also includes high knees - but more arms moving than snapping fingers. I paid $2.21 the other day when my car was driving on fumes and danced a jig over filling the tank under $30. How sad is that? I can remember putting 50 cents of gas in my Dad's car and it always replaced what I used. Now don't faint you yougins but I remember gas when it was about 35 cents/gallon....YIKES.
Finally, yes - working full time requires setting priorities and sharing the load...because running a household is a full time job in itself. Hopefully, you have a better understanding of my life...and how working full time affects those in your family. I am so thankful that you were able to be home for so many years. It clearly makes a difference. I love you.

gideonmommasita said...

Wonderful! Exactly what I was hoping for, THANK YOU. Oh, and did you have to mention you were making Cincinnati Chile....that sounds sooooo good.
Saw gas on the way to church this morning for $1.99...can you believe that? But it was at Raceway and Josh won't let me get gas there...says it makes the car run funny. Sadly I have no Plum, yes, I noticed at Target all the lovely plum shirts and sweaters. Wish I cared more about cleaning. Josh used to clean our bathroom beautifully but now he helps with the dishes so I guess I can't have it all.

Laura said...

I have no plum. I would need to buy new lipstick. I am really a warm color person, you know, oranges, golds, browns, corals. Plum doesn't really fit in so well with my wardrobe and make-up!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!