Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trying to rekindle an old passion.....

Are you curious?

Well, it isn't anything clandestine.....it's just scrapbooking. I was, at one time, very passionate about scrapbooking and more importantly, journaling. Well, I haven't scrapbooked in probably a year. I barely even get my photos printed. Urg......

Tonight, I was talking to a friend about various other things and she posed the question, "Are you going to try and scrapbook this summer?" I have soooo many excuses for not doing something I really enjoy. Why, you ask? Good question. I don't really have a good answer. Basically all my procrastination boils down to romanticized ideals and perfectionism. (I'll save that for another post.....however, I probably will never get around to it....)

Anyway, back to rekindling my passion for scrapbooking.......

Short story even shorter.....I've decided to put a desk in my bedroom - just for scrapbooking. That way, I can leave all my things out and can work for a while and then leave it out. My friend challenged me to have it done before school gets out later this month...she even put it on her calendar.

Do you need to rekindle an old passion?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhh, accountability. What a good friend!
Did you know your daughter is scheming for another kitten??? I think Tigger needs a companion. Maybe he wouldn't drive you so nuts if he had a playmate....

Unknown said...

I dont think scheming is a fair word Melissa. Maybe "campagning". It is election year afterall...
As far as old passions.. I love to read. Nothing too deep, just nice easy stories. (Not One Fish, Two Fish... that's too easy!!) I havent had time to do it since we moved. Seems I start moving at 6am and fall unconcious in bed at 10pm. No reading there... I started a book in the car on the drive from GA to NY in January. I hereby declare that I am gonna finish that book this month... (hope I can find it.... : )

Kimberly said...

I think we need to have monthly scrapbooking days. At best, a time to scrapbook together. At worse, a time to show what we have accomplished during the previous month. although I have been working some, I am 15 months behind! I'll be glad to help encourage you along the way (and hopefully you will do the same for me!) Otherwise, the spread out scrapbooking stuff is just a mess (I know--I've held our dining room table hostage for weeks at a time with no significant activity).


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!