Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Propagating Roses

Have you ever done this?

I dropped by a friend's this evening to meet her sister and to see her backyard, minus 13 trees they just had cut down. Long story short....you know me, quick and to the point, she had the most beautiful rose bush growing near her deck. It is the old cottage style rose. I had to smell it, of course, and it smelled like a rose. Don't you hate when you go to smell a rose and it doesn't really smell like much of a rose? Well, not with this one.


I asked, "Do you know how to propagate?"
To which she answered, "No."
"Not a problem," I said, "I'll just Google it."
The first thing I did when I got home this evening was just that.
I think it is going to be easy....I'll keep you posted.

Links for later reference
Santa Clarita Rose Society
Propagating roses from cuttings
Berkeley Horicultural Nursery

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

I love an adventure. Propagating Roses, this will be something very good.

Josh said...

Propagating roses, eh? Just remember to keep it 'PG'.

Melissa said...

What's propagating?


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!