Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hannah turned 13!

Hannah turned 13 years old the beginning of April. I love all things party....I love planning the party, creating things for the party, getting ready for the party and actually hosting the party.
This year, Hannah's theme was: Springtime in Paris. We moved the dining room table into the living room and put the couch and coffee table in the dining room.

Decorations:
I found some $1/yard fabric for a tablecloth (I didn't have a table cloth big enough, since I added both leaves to my table). I found some silk fushia gerber daisies and placed them in glass containers with water. I had pink tealight candles and placed them around the table.
Activities:
Translate This - When the girls arrived I had strips of paper at each seat with sentences in French. They went around the table and read their sentences...they had fun listening to each other try to sound out some of the words. No one guessed what their sentences were, so I read the English version and they had to figure out which ones went together. I had funny sentences like, "I like to eat frog legs in the bathtub."
Cheese Tasting - I had 4 different types of cheese (Gouda, Havarit, Brie and Jarlsberg). For each cheese the girls noted the color and look, smelled and then tasted. The overall favorite was Gouda.
Canvas Art - I purchased a canvas for each girl and acrylic paints. Each girl painted on their canvas.
Food:
Turkey & Ham Crossiants and Grapes.
Eclairs with whipped topping and strawberries.

Hannah said this party was her favorite so far. It was fun to plan.....
Here are a few photos from the party.

4 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

educational and fun, you're so clever.

Unknown said...

My first question is ... how did you learn to say (let alone WRITE) frog legs in french!?
My second question is.... Will you be my mom, too???

You are an absolutely amazing mother. I wanna be you when I grow up!! :)
Happy B Day Hannah!!

CroppinRobin said...

karen, that is very sweet. i really enjoy planning parties. for the french sentences, i just went to translation.com. my mom read them and she could figure out a few words.

Melissa said...

Robin, you are truly an inspiration! Seeing these parties makes me want to take the time to plan neat things for my own kids.
Really awesome!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!