Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week in Review

It's been a busy week, but aren't they all busy? I thought I'd post a quick review of my week.....

  • I worked almost 30 hours this week. Pro: I will get a good paycheck. Con: I was really tired and not much got done around the house.
  • Michael's grandmother passed away on Monday. He is in Wisconsin until Thursday....he had an adventure today, but I'll let him blog about it.

  • I made potato and corn chowder that was delicious! There was only 1 bowl leftover!

  • We purchased a new fan for the living room. The fan in our bedroom worked just fine, but the light was broken. So, we thought we'd move the fan in our living room to our bedroom and then put the new fan in the living room. Michael, dutifully, took down the fan in the living room and put the new fan up. It was tooooo big for the room. Actually, the blades are the same size but the light kit hung down much lower and I was not happy with it. Long story short (or is it too long for short....) he put the new fan in our room and put the old living room fan back up in the living room.

  • Jacob had his Pinewood Derby on Saturday. He and Michael worked very hard on the car. He came in 2nd in his den and 12th overall. Have you ever seen the movie Down and Derby? If not, it's a family must see.

  • I joined a book club. Actually, I've wanted to be part of one for years, but really didn't want to get it started. I convinced a friend it was originally her idea and viola...I'm now part of a book club. Our first book is The Measure of a Man, an autobiography of Sidney Poitier. This is definitely not a book I would have picked up on my own, but nevertheless, I'm looking forward to reading it.

What did you do this week? Anything fun?

3 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

I'm w/you, like the idea of a book club...Susan's in one and some of the books her group has chosen..ick. Too bad about the fans, good thing it worked in your bedroom. Will this week not be so busy?

Unknown said...

What I did was hold an icepack on my face! See my blog for details....... : )

Melissa said...

Interesting week. Mine....not so interesting. I voted. I cleaned. I changed diapers.
Friday we went to First Baptist Jax for the Pastor's Conference.
Sunday we went back to Jax and saw Jim Caveziel, from the Passion. It was pretty neat.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!