Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

Every year we celebrate Valentine's Day as a family and this year was no different. I made inside-outside chicken parmesan (see description below) and a banana pudding parfait. I set the table with a pink tablecloth, red charger plates, red votive candle holders and white plates. After dinner Hannah and Jacob got their Valentine goodies from us and from my mom.

The 3 votives were down the center of the table and before I gave Hannah and Jacob their bags, I told them to be very careful with the tissue paper because of the candles. Hannah and Jacob did fine...they were careful. After the kids were done and we were about to get up from the dinner table, Michael threw Hannah's piece of tissue paper across the table at Jacob. Well, long story short, we had a flaming ball of fire that had to be thrown on the tile floor. I was too busy screaming at Michael to get a picture....

I guess our love is hot...really hot!



For the chicken parmesan you need:
Chicken Cutlets
Mozzarella
Egg/Milk mixture
Flour
Seasoned Bread Crumbs w/Parm. Cheese

Pound chicken and then place a thick slice of mozzarella cheese (sliced to fit the chicken piece - which will look like a short cheese stick) and roll up jelly roll; securing with toothpicks. Dredge chicken in flour, then in the egg/milk mixture; then roll in seasoned bread crumbs. Pan fry on each side; then bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 min.
I served the chicken rolls over pasta topped with red sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YO CREATIVE MAMA--WHO HAS TIME TO ORGANIZE WHEN YOU'RE COOKING MEALS LIKE THAT? JULIE'S V-DAY VERSION-GO TO CAR-TURN KEY-DRIVE TO MCDONALDS-ORDER TWO-FOR-ONE BIG MACS, SM. FRY & HT. FUDGE SUNDAE---SUCK IT DOWN & CALL IT A DAY! NO MUSS-NO FIRE! OH & THEN HEAD FOR HOME & EAT ALL THE KID'S VALENTINE CANDIES-BURP! NUFF SAID...

Melissa said...

okay, it's not fair that I'm creatively challenged. I have to steal others ideas to make myself look a little crafty. Very cute Valentine's Day. I will definitley be trying that recipe. It looked delicious!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!