Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fresh Grouper


A co-worker went fishing this weekend and caught over 100 lbs. of grouper. He baked a piece yesterday for his lunch and the entire office smelled like lemon and grouper...yummy! He let me try a bite and it was delicious. He brought me some today and I cooked it up for dinner. Since Michael is not a fan of seafood, I decided to fry the fish because Michael will at least attempt to try fried fish.

I cut the thick filets into strips and dipped them in flour. I then dipped them in an egg and milk wash and then in a mixture of bisquick, breadcrumbs , Sazon seasoning mix and some cajun seasoning. I then pan fried them. They were soooooo good. I cooked up some chicken for Michael as a back-up. He tried the grouper but said it tasted a little too fishy for him.

Thought I'd share a photo for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog you have here! I really enjoyed my visit - I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and may you be greatly blessed in the New Year!

xo,
Kim
Daisy Cottage

Melissa said...

I don't care for grouper, but Eric loves it! I'd take it if it was served to me, but the taste isn't my cup of tea. Snapper or dolphin, however....yummy!!!

Josh said...

Too fishy!?! I hope you didn't let him eat too much! Even John-Thomas enjoys grouper. The picture was mouth-watering.

CroppinRobin said...

I love Grouper

CroppinRobin said...

i didn't write..."i love grouper"
one of my kids used my username...bad kids. i always use lowercase.

Josh said...

Sure.

Anonymous said...

why wasn't I invited for fresh fried grouper? I had to stop at ZAXBY's on my way home to get House Salad with FRIED Chicken...for Jason and me. He actually LOVED it....he is not a fan of chicken.
Yes...Robin...you do have a very sweet blog. I really enjoy all of your entries.
Mom


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!