Friday, September 14, 2007

Weekly Sale Ads

How do you do your grocery shopping? Do you go with a list or without a list? I almost always try to go with a list and have been known to type up my list and then rearrange it on the computer to match the aisles in the store. Lately, I have been checking out the weekly sale ads online for the 3 grocery stores in town. Sure glad I did yesterday!

Albertson's is having a huge sale...10 boxes of various Kellogg's cereal for $10. They also have the package of individual boxes - 10 for $10. Hannah and Jacob go through cereal quickly. I have tried lots of ways to 'ration' out the cereal. I've put a measuring cup in with the cereal to remind them of serving size...they just add more. I've put the serving size in individual baggies....they just add more. In the past I have purchased the case of individual boxes of cereal from Sam's and that is what seems to work; there is something about opening 2 boxes of cereal, especially since it would be 2 different kinds. I probably should go back for more! Also, their 1/2 gallons of milk are on sale, 2 for $3.00

Of course, I also picked up a few of the buy one, get ones at Publix.

Anyway, just wanted to share my deals of the week! Did you find any good deals this week?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes. Emily's birthday dinner cost us a total of $7.50!!! I bought a pound of shrimp for 4.99 at Publix, a head of broccoli for $1.50 and a bag of frozen corn for 97 cents. I must say, I can't believe such a nice meal was so cheap. Can you imagine what that would have cost us at a restaurant? Thirty + dollars I assure you....

gideonmommasita said...

Monday morning Sam's had ground beef for $1.56 lb for a 5lb package. Oh, tonight I got an underthecounter cd/radio player for $15 on sale at Target. Josh is going to put it on the cabinet above the dryer. I've wanted one of those for forever!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!