Friday, September 7, 2007

Something new....

for us!

Let me preface this with....I really loved my Honda!

Last week we were driving through the credit union's parking lot; there is a small dealership that is part of the bank. Michael has been looking for a different truck, one that will seat the 4 of us. When we go camping we have to take both vehicles because we have sooooo many camping items. That's not the only reason, but you get the idea.

Anyway, while driving through the parking lot I spotted this van. 2006, low miles and a great price - I said, maybe we should test drive it, half joking....remember, I loved my Honda. Anyway, Michael, Hannah and Jacob all got very excited at the thought of a van; they have been talking about getting another van since we got the Honda.

The next day we did go and test drive it. We all liked it. It drives more like a car and actually is not that much bigger than my Honda. Since we didn't really need a new (newer) vehicle, we decided against it.

For some reason the thought of purchasing the van began to appeal to me. Maybe it was because my Honda was ready to flip 100,000 miles. Maybe it was the fact that after our test drive I began to have problems shifting out of park, even with the brake firmly pressed.

Anyhow, we are now the proud owners of a minivan again. Hannah did say that she wanted a minivan before Sept. 9th. Why you ask? To bring a bunch of friends to youth group with her. Guess she'd better get busy calling her friends tomorrow!

I really did enjoy driving my Honda. I wonder how many times I can type Honda in this post??? I think that I will like my Mazda just as much, I know my family will!



7 comments:

Johnna said...

Cool! Is that the one you test drove when you had Madie? I wish we had a van again...I miss ours.

Josh said...

Emily is like all wanting more information: why? what? ? ?

Melissa said...

Something new for who? Mysterious Blogger.....you are......Blog more details....

Anonymous said...

Did you guys get a new vehicle???? You left me hanging with just a picture and no details.......

Melissa said...

It's um, a little bigger than the honda! It's got a whole extra row of seats!

CroppinRobin said...

okay, that is true...I meant the length of the vehicle, smarty pants!

Anonymous said...

Very nice van. I am still getting over the fact that you said that Hannah wanted to bring people to youth group. Where has all the time gone.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!