Sunday, July 15, 2007

My top 10 favorite smells...

Okay, this is totally random, I know....but I thought it would be fun. I have a 'super-sonic' sniffer and have always been good at 'sniffing things out'.
Be warned, this is totally gross, but I'll type it anyway....
Once when I was younger I told Mom and Jason that there were something really stinky outside my bedroom window. Jason did a quick scan outside and didn't see anything. Basically, they thought I was crazy. Well, low and behold, a few weeks later Jason found an animal that was, um, dead! I told you it was gross..... [Note: Hannah read this and said it wasn't that gross...I guess me remembering the smell is what is GROSS!]
With my 'super-sonic' nose, I have always enjoyed smells. I even enjoy the smell of dinner more than eating it...I know, why the weight problem? (Another post....) Certain smells immediately remind me of people, places and times in my life. So, here are a few of my favorites.....

10 Favorite Smells
Cherry Blossom – Bath & Body Works
Freshly Cut Grass
Rose Scent
Cinnamon Rolls
Clean Laundry
Garlic and Onions Sautéing

My Freshly Bathed Children
The Inside of Fresh Market

My Grandparent’s House
Freshly Baked Banana Bread

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yummy! I wish I liked smelling more than eating! I could lose my sense of smell and still love eating. I'm really tired. Off to bed.......

gideonmommasita said...

Random but I agree. Cut grass right before it rains has a very distinct smell as well. Part of the reason I make cinnamon rolls is because of the smell at the mall...I want that smell in my house...just not the calories on my hips. Josh looked into putting music on his site and didn't see how to do it until you did. Chris Rice, Micheal Buble, Pachabel Cannon...my favorites. Were we seperated at birth?

Anonymous said...

I don't remember having TWINS...but you two do seem to have alot in common...ha ha.
Cut grass and freshly laundered linens...coffee...the way Jason smells when I hug him, my pillow, breakfast smells...new shoes...a new car smell...Bath and Body works Vanilla Bean Noel...freshly baked bread...the way my Aunt Louise's house always smelled. Is that 10?

CroppinRobin said...

That's 11, but who's counting? I like the way my pillow smells too!


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!